Kevin was born and raised in Melville, Saskatchewan and returned to the city of Melville following graduation from the University of Saskatchewan with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics (with Honours) and a Bachelor of Laws in 1984. He was admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar in 1985 and became a partner in what is now Bell, Kreklewich & Chambers in 1986. Kevin and his wife, Catherine, have two wonderful daughters.
Kevin has appeared in all levels of court in Saskatchewan, the Federal Court of Canada, Federal Court of Appeal and has made submissions to the Supreme Court of Canada. He has also provided legal representation at arbitrations, before the Labour Relations Board and hearings involving professional associations. Most Recently, Kevin has been lead counsel in a class action in the Federal Court of Canada against the Government of Canada.
As an active volunteer in the legal community, he is president of the Melville Bar Association and has volunteered his services to the Law Society of Saskatchewan, the University of Saskatchewan’s College of Law, the Canadian Bar Association and the Saskatchewan Legal Education Society.
Kevin has also been an active volunteer within his local community, having held positions that included Chair of the St. Henry’s Roman Catholic Separate School Division Board, Chair of the Yorkton-Melville Bid Committee to host the Western Canada Summer Games, member of the Melville Bide Committee to host the Saskatchewan Winter Games, member of the Melville Community Complex- Leisure Facility Planning Committee, Chair of the Melville Regional Park Authority, Chair of the Melville Golf and Country Club, and member of the Sunrise Health Region Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee. Kevin has enjoyed coaching hockey, baseball and volleyball.
Kevin remains active and can regularly be seen enjoying skiing, hockey, biking, golfing, sailing and running.
Kevin concentrates his efforts in litigation, both civil and family, corporate law, business transactions and real estate.
- Senior Partner- Bell, Kreklewich, Chambers & Company 2011
- Partner- Bell, Kreklewich & Company, 1986
- Called to the Saskatchewan Bar, 1985
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)
- Bachelor of Laws, 1984, University of Saskatchewan
Memberships & Associations
President, Melville Bar Association
- Henry’s Roman Catholic Separate School Division Board
- Chair of the Yorkton-Melville Bid Committee to host Western Canada Summer Games
- Member of the Melville Bit Committee to host the Saskatchewan Winter games
- Member of the Melville Community Complex- Leisure Facility Planning Community
- Chair of the Melville Regional Authority
- Chair of the Melville Golf and Country Club
- Member of the Sunrise Health Region Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- University of Saskatchewan College of Law
- Canadian Bar Association
- Saskatchewan Legal Education Society
- Hockey, Baseball and Volleyball Coach